Directory
Tables and chairs in hall

Memorial Hall

Category: Facilities

Location

The Village Hall, known as Egginton Memorial Hall, is situated at Church Road, Egginton, Derbyshire DE65 6HP

Use of Hall

During term time, the Hall and some of the outbuildings are leased to Derbyshire County Council (DCC), for Egginton Primary School. Rent for the school provides the main income, supplemented by rents from the School House and hire of the Hall. The Hall has it’s own website which can be accessed here

Hire of Hall

Any bone fide organisation or individual may hire the Hall for any legitimate purpose. For further information on hiring the Hall please click here. The GDPR Data Protection and Privacy Policy can be downloaded here

Caretaker

The Caretakers for the Memorial Hall are Melissa and Gary, who reside in the School House adjoining the hall with their family. They will take care of setting out for hirers, closing up again at the end of the events and the general upkeep of the premises

History

Situated in the delightful village of Egginton close to the A38 and the A50, Egginton Memorial Hall was built in 1857 by Sir Henry Every, 9th Bart. It was refurbished and enlarged in 2008, thanks to a generous legacy from Geoff Wilson, a former resident of Egginton, together with local fundraising and a number of charitable donations.

In 1929 the Memorial Hall was set up as a charitable trust and acquired the buildings and School House from the Every Family. The purchase is recorded on a ceramic plaque put up in the Millennium year. The War Memorial, inside the Geoff Wilson Room, is an engraved wooden panel honouring those who served as well as those that were killed in the First World War (1914 – 1918) and the Second World War (1939 – 1945). Today the Memorial Hall is owned by a registered charitable company and administered by a board of Trustee Directors on behalf of the village.

Charitable Company

The company (Egginton Memorial Hall) maintains the Hall for the use and pleasure of all the villagers. It is a registered Charity, with a maximum of twelve Trustee Directors, one of whom is annually elected as the Chair. The business of the Company is overseen by several Committees comprising Trustee Directors and co-opted members. Members of the village are encouraged to assist in the running of the Hall and if you would like to help, please contact an existing Trustee Director